What is IBM Watson?
Powered by the latest innovations in machine learning, Watson lets you learn more with less data. You can integrate AI into your most important business processes, informed by IBM’s rich industry expertise. You can build models from scratch, or leverage our APIs and pre-trained business solutions. No matter how you use Watson, your data and insights belong to you − and only you.
Features of IBM Watson
- Accelerate Research and Discovery: Spend less time looking for the information you need and more time acting on it.
- Enrich Your Interactions: Reduce response times, increase the number of transactions, and make every interaction meaningful and productive.
- Anticipate and Preempt Disruptions: Use AI to constantly monitor the condition of systems that power your business to ensure bigger problems don’t disrupt your work.
- Recommend with confidence: Teach systems about parameters and nuances to ensure they take every important factor into account when you make a decision.
- Scale Expertise and Learning: By combining every employee’s expertise with your industry’s latest learning, each of you knows as much as all of you.
- Detect Liabilities and Mitigate Risk: Train systems to understand and keep up with constantly changing regulations and privacy obligations.
IBM Watson Services
- Watson Assistant: Watson Assistant is an offering for building conversational interfaces into any application, device, or channel. Most chatbots try to mimic human interactions, which can frustrate users when a misunderstanding arises. It knows when to search for an answer from a knowledge base, when to ask for clarity, and when to direct you to a human. With Intent Recommendations, rather than manually training Watson Assistant you can upload pre-existing chat or call logs so Watson can train based on real user questions and utterance, creating more accurate interactions for your customers.
- Watson Machine Learning: Use trusted data to put machine learning and deep learning models into production. Leverage an automated, collaborative workflow to grow intelligent business applications easily and with more confidence.
- Discovery: Watson Discovery wins the #AIconics award for Best Innovation in NLP Unlock hidden value in data to find answers, monitor trends and surface patterns with the world’s most advanced cloud-native insight engine.
- Discovery News: Access pre-enriched news content in real-time.
- Natural Language Understanding: Natural language processing for advanced text analysis.Take your understanding of unstructured data to a whole new level with a full suite of advanced text analytics features to extract entities, relationships, keywords, semantic roles and more.
- Visual Recognition: Tag and classify visual content using machine learning. With only a few images, our computer vision service can learn any new object, person, or attribute such as identifying car type and damage to estimate repair costs. Train models effortlessly with Watson Studio — a free workspace where you can seamlessly create, evaluate, and manage your custom models.
- Speech to Text: Automatically transcribe audio from 7 languages in real-time. Rapidly identify and transcribe what is being discussed, even from lower quality audio, across a variety of audio formats and programming interfaces (HTTP REST, Websocket, Asynchronous HTTP)
- Text to Speech: Convert written text into natural-sounding audio in a variety of languages and voices
- Language Translator: Translate text from one language to another. Take news from across the globe and present it in your language, communicate with your customers in their own language, and more.
- Natural Language Classifier: Generate higher accuracy on less training data through NLC’s ensemble of machine learning techniques. NLC models include multiple Support Vector Machines (SVMs) and a Convolutional Neural Network (CNNs), using IBM’s Deep Learning-as-a-Service (DLaaS).Classify text in multiple languages, including English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazilian), and Spanish.
- Personality Insights: Predict personality characteristics through text.Use linguistic analytics to infer individuals’ personality characteristics, including Big Five, Needs, and Values, from digital communications such as email, blogs, tweets, and forum posts.
- Tone Analyzer: Analyze emotions and tones in what people write online, like tweets or reviews. Predict whether they are happy, sad, confident, and more.
- Compare & Comply : Watson Compare & Comply extracts data and elements from your contracts and other governing documents to streamline business processes
Why IBM Watson?
- Learns more with less data: Your data is valuable, no matter how much (or little) you have. Watson can ingest, enrich, and normalize a wide variety of data types without any additional integration, allowing you to make use of data from a broad range of sources with ease.
- Protects your insights: Only Watson gives you complete control of what’s important to you. With Watson on the IBM Cloud, you maintain ownership of your data, insights, training, and IP
- Reimagines your workflows: Your business processes get smarter with Watson. From healthcare and education to finance, transportation, and energy, Watson is trained by leading experts in your field, so you can quickly embed into your existing workflows. Watson understands the language of your industry and taps into deep domain knowledge to help you make more informed decisions faster.
How can Tangentia and IBM Watson help you?
Tangentia and IBM Watson’s AI services will help you leverage the depth and breadth of AI technologies. Tangentia has leveraged Watson in building Chat Bots coupled with Natural Language Processing (NLP), Text to speech and speech to text for a customer service center, Visual recognition for identifying and classifying the apparels for an Apparel company, Visual recognition coupled with machine learning for a textile company to identify the color and texture differences in the fabric.
Some of the industries where IBM Watson has been used are Media and Advertising, Education, Customer engagement, Financial solutions, Health care, Retail & Fashion, Textile, Travel, Government agencies etc.
Get Started today
Interested in defining use cases where AI can be applied in your industry sector? Looking to build AI applications for your company but don’t know where to start? Need help for maintenance and support of your existing AI applications? Contact us now.