What is Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
RPA enables companies to easily automate repetitive, redundant and mundane tasks in order to free up employees to perform higher value work. RPA is a rapidly growing form of business process automation (BPM) technology based on the notion of software robots or artificial intelligence (AI) workers. These workers can also be referred to as digital labor. These tools automate interactions with the GUI, and often do so by repeating a set of demonstration actions performed by a user.
How RPA Works?
RPA bots replicate the actions of humans interacting with user interfaces, without making changes to existing interfaces or making manual errors. This significantly increases efficiency of the system to perform high volume work with zero margin for errors.
Software Robots are similar to physical robots
|Physical Robots||Software Robots|
|Perform repetitive physical tasks
► Pick eight chocolates from the assembly line
|Perform repetitive software tasks
► Log in to four different systems
Benefits of RPA
Create, test and deliver new automation in days or weeks
Eliminate copy/paste mistakes introduced by swivel chair integration
Fulfill automated tasks in seconds or minutes, round the clock
Develop automation quickly with simple record/playback functions
About IBM Automation Anywhere
As the digital economy continues to grow and evolve, some companies face the challenge of managing increasingly complex business processes that involve massive amounts of data. The growth of the digital economy connects people and organizations in new ways. But it has also generated repetitive tasks like requiring employees to manually enter data. Companies need a way to more efficiently process and manage data so that employees can spend more time on truly value-added parts of their job.
IBM has teamed up with Automation Anywhere, the market leader in robotic process automation, to help companies digitize their operations and drive new efficiencies across business processes. Solutions work through Automation Anywhere tools that automate and simplify data-intensive tasks within processes managed by IBM’s process management software.
Why should you consider RPA?
Today, knowledge workers spend far too much of their time doing “swivel chair” integration by copying and entering data across disjointed systems. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) automates these repetitive tasks. When RPA is used in conjunction with IBM Business Process Manager (BPM) and IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM), we can reduce the level of investment needed to automate a process while maintaining total visibility of the process. What’s more, you can bring software bots into any critical business processes, regardless of the new or heritage systems that are included. Importantly, you can integrate all of the elements—including people, systems, and bots—into one seamless process.
How RPA helps your business
Say you run a bank. Your employees deal with thousands of complicated forms every day to open new accounts. This requires accuracy, time and effort. Our new solution could help in two ways. IBM’s process management software could help manage the broader process of opening accounts, while Automation Anywhere’s bots could pull information from different sources to help fill out the forms more quickly and accurately. Immense opportunity can be created when robots seamlessly help your employees do their work or perform tasks alongside them. This level of collaboration can shorten project lifecycle times, accelerate time-to-value for automation investments and boost ROI.
The IBM Automation Anywhere Advantage
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): Bots that automate repetitive business processes at scale both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Cognitive Automation: Bots that leverage AI and machine learning to learn from human behavior and bring structure to unstructured data
- Embedded Analytics: Embedded analytics that measure and predict how both bots and the business are performing.
- Bot Farm: Automation Anywhere introduces the first and only enterprise-grade platform for Bots On Demand. Scale your workforce capacity by deploying bots anywhere in the world with a single click. Create, deploy and manage thousands of bots in an instant to meet demand spikes. BotFarmTM delivers on-demand RPA with scalability, elasticity, resilience – designed for the enterprise.
- Bot Store: The world’s first marketplace of plug-and-play bots.
- University: The world’s largest RPA training ecosystem.
IBM Automation Anywhere Features
- Rapid Development: Reduce demand on IT with no installations, a self-service admin portal, interactive dashboard, real-time bot performance analytics.
- Instant Scalability: Adapt to unforeseen workload spikes instantly with auto-scaling.
- Any Environment: Deploy in a public or private cloud in any technology environment – server, desktop, mainframe.
- Unparalleled Security: Stay secure and compliant with industry-standard security including NIST 800-53, AES 256-bit encryption and TLS 1.2 for enterprise data.
- Cognitive Capability: IQ Bot TM delivers automation using the most advanced cognitive technology, working to make sense of unstructured data while improving its skills and performance. It learns from people at work.
How can Tangentia and IBM Automation Anywhere help You
Tangentia and Automation Anywhere aims to help organizations leverage Robotic Process Automation to Drive Digital Transformation along with IBM’s own Business Automation Workflow (BAW) and Digital Business Automation (DBA). These comprehensive solutions help improve business process by:
- Streamlining tasks by automation
- Process improvement in total business
- Optimizing human resources
Tangentia offers the following services using IBM Automation Anywhere:
- Helping you with build Center of Excellence (COE)
- Rent, lease or buy bots from our Bot Repository
- Software Reselling and provide you with Professional Services
- Provide Bot maintenance, monitoring, support and enhancement straight from our Bot Operations Center
- Training on how to leverage RPA for your industry sector
- Staffing solution to augment your RPA project teams
Industrial Use Cases
- Claims Processing and Administration
- Report Automation
- Updating User Info
- Prioritize and Assign Claims
- Adjudication Process
- Audit Management
- Enrolment & Eligibility
- Data Integration Billing
- Medicare Billing & Compliance
- Data Transfer claims
- Processing Eligibility
- Verification Mass Data
- P&C Claims
- Provider Updates
- Insurance Coverage & Policies
- New Premium Processes
- Financial Claim processing
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Record to Report
- Tax Services
- Financial Claim processing
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Tax Service
- Verification / Auditing Process
- Bank Reconciliation
- Compliance Processing
- Customer Account Management
- New Application Processing – Bank / Credit Cards
- Data Migration Between apps
- Audit Trail
- Statement and Reporting
- Loan Processing
- Payment Cancellation
- Credit Decision
- Order Prioritization
- Master data
- Invoice verification
- Receipt confirmation
- Scheduling processes
- Production Information capture
- Inbound processing
- Inventory management processes
- Pricing management
- Freight costing
- Maintaining Master Data
- Offer Letter Processing
- Onboarding and Exit
- Appraisal-updating process / Change Payroll Status
- Position Management
- Reporting Line Change
- Payment Summaries
- Employment Type Updates
- Service Desk Reports
- Leave Amendments
- Active Directory
- File Systems
- FTP Management
- Automated Installations
- Server / Application Monitoring and Alert Management
- Service Desk Management
- Notification & Escalation
- VMware Integration
- Data Movement
- Config Management
- Routine Maintenance
- Order to Cash / AR
- Credit Analysis and Processing
- Sales Order Processing
- Customer Master Data Management
- Order Entry
- Reports by segments (performance, geography, Inventory network Integration)
- Procure to Pay /AP
- 3 Way Match
- Purchase Order issuance and Invoice Receipt
- Vendor Master
- Payment Process
- Duplicate Payment Tracking
- Record to Report
- Monthly close process
- Financial Consolidations
- Financial Statements
- General Ledger functions
- Journal entry processing
- Inter-company accounting and account reconciliations
- Fixed assets and project
- Cost and Inventory accounting
How do we select the best candidate for RPA?
|High Volume||Repetitive Tasks||Manual Data Entry|
|Multiple Legacy Systems||Logic & Rules Based Processes||High FTE Required|
Our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Journey
Tangentia RPA PoC Journey
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify and assist in identifying the candidates of RPA PoC.
- Engage process owners via discovery workshop to confirm scope of PoC (assuming prior engagement to this point)
- Prepare base infrastructure to host the RPA application.
- Install the RPA tool in single environment.
- Set up system access and credentials
- RPA tool installed in your environment
- Document containing the list of RPA processes for PoC
- Select and confirm 1 process for PoC.
- Conduct workshop for documenting current state process via existing documentation and job shadowing.
- Meet with process owners or stakeholders to explain what will be done in the PoC
- Confirm the objectives of the PoC and “success” criteria
- Build PoC
- Selected process/ Processes
- Confirmed objectives and success criteria
- Process definition document
- Demo the PoC to stakeholders
- Document key learnings, point of view on key questions and next steps
- Document Requirements to move RPA bots into other environment
- Workshop demo of PoC
- Walkthrough of how RPA solution has worked and interacted with other applications
- Document of key learnings
Tangentia RPA PoC to Pilot Journey
- Preparing the test environment
- Preparing the production environment
- Migrate the PoC to test environment and testing
- Identifying 5 additional processes to be automated for Pilot phase and define priority of each.
- Test environment ready
- Production environment ready
- Additional processes PDD
- Test cases results of
Tangentia RPA Pilot to CoE to Enterprise Scale-up
- Assist in building your Center of Excellence (CoE)
- Assist in training and hiring for your CoE such as Business Analyst, developer and administrators.
- Setting up of further environments and conducting knowledge transfer of PoC and Pilot developments.
- Embedding best practices to CoE
- Developed Bots for each process.
- Center of Excellence (CoE) model
- Defined designations and responsibilities
- Bots test cases and reports
Tangentia is a global boutique IT consulting firm specializing in Automation, AI, EDI, Digital and Enterprise Security. We are proudly Canadian with headquarters in Toronto and have offices in US (NY) and India (Goa). Our associates and ecosystem partners operate in 30+ countries adopting a “Think Global, act Local “approach.
Our Global Practices
We have global practice running across the globe situated in Toronto, New York and Goa.
- 25+ specialists
- Vertical Focus
- Bot Building
- Roadmap definition
- Off-site & On-Site Training
- Best Practice Webinars
- Center of Excellence (COE)