- Written by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Published: 27 Jun 2016
Today EDI applications are not limited to only large enterprises. Small and mid-sized organizations have started using EDI as a way of making transactions with trading partners cost effective and faster. However, for the small and mid-sized organization, maintaining an EDI relationship with trading process can be overwhelming and complex. Integrating EDI with ERP system improves efficiency resulting in lower costs. Some of the benefits arising from integration are:
- Frees up resources: With data entered only once, it provides an organization with valuable resources that can be deployed elsewhere.
- Saves Time: Since data will be entered only once, it will save huge time and make the whole process faster. It also allows for better compliance with customers and partners time schedule.
- Higher Accuracy: Once data is keyed in correctly, there are less chances of errors creeping in which ultimately results in fewer penalties.
- Higher productivity: With EDI integrated into your ERP, it allows for easier addition of trading partners to the business network.
Integration with Accounting/ERP
We at Tangentia help organizations successfully integrate their EDI data into their existing ERP systems by providing an EDI platform that helps to accelerate the integration process. We have experience to custom integrate to various ERP/ Accounting applications like SAP B1, R/3, SYSPRO, Salesforce.com, NetSuite, SugarCRM, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics GP, NAVision, Axapta, JD Edwards etc seamlessly. Once EDI is integrated in your ERP system, any change in EDI specifications by one of the trading partners will no longer mean a change in your ERP system.
We understand that each business and each client has its own unique problems and solutions, in the Tangentia EDI team, our EDI experts are skilled programmers, and their talents produce tailored solutions that can address any requirements the client has. We provide world class yet cost effective consulting services for integrating EDI into your ERP system. We follow a 4 phase stage approach for the integration process:
- Assessment Phase: look at your business, understand the requirements and conduct a gap analysis.
- Design Phase: After understanding the business, we define the standards and conduct the mapping.
- Development Phase: After mapping, we implement non standard ERP functions.
- Operation Phase: After implementation, we conduct the capacity planning, monitor the system and provide solution for any problem that arises.
Integration with Warehouse (WMS)
Tangentia Consulting takes the pain to understand our customer's business well and can create integrations for EDI/XML communication between the trading partners and the Warehouse/Shipping applications. We ensure 100% compliance to regulations and requirements of Trading Partners. The eCIRCLE-ASN is a standalone shipping application that creates UCC128 labels, 856 EDI documents, Picking Slips, Bill of Lading, 810 Invoice and more. All paper documents that may be needed can also be printed out from eCIRCLE-ASN.
Tangentia also provides a reporting function for generating reports to document EDI activities. Reports include:
- Acknowledgement status
- Transaction summaries
- Transaction sets by trading partner
- Communication session summary
Tangentia Commerce Gateway is a world class Software as a Service (SAAS) offering provided by Tangentia and is in production at hundreds of customers worldwide providing seamless EDI/ B2B support for companies without the need to make capital expenditure in software, with no obsolescence risk, with no need to have internal EDI expertise and with world class SLA and 24/7 support.