Success - I Success - II Success - III
- Written by Test1
- Published: 12 Jul 2016
Customer Success Story - IUpgrade from IBM Sterling Gentran Director to Tangentia Commerce Gateway (TCG) + IBM Sterling VAN
- • Customer: Mid-Sized Food Manufacturer and Distributor with headquarters in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- • Revenue: $100M+ annual revenue
- • Employees: 500+
- • The client was using an in-house EDI translator called IBM Sterling Gentran Director that could only perform the most basic translation and mapping services. This was a problem for them as they could not comply with complex mapping specifications and were therefore losing business.
- • The customer was also faced with the problem of high cost of ownership. They had an external team of consultants that were billing the customer a large amount of money annually for maintenance and mapping related issues.
- • The in-house translator could not integrate into the backend ERP system of the customer. This led to a lot of double entry being done by the customer on a daily basis.
- • Tangentia provided the customer with the Tangentia Commerce Gateway (TCG) solution. TCG uses the IBM Sterling Information Broker to provide a well packaged and robust EDI solution. In this seamless partnership, Tangentia takes ownership of the communication, mapping and translation configuration that is required by the customers to be compliant with their respective trading partners. The IBM Sterling Information Broker on the other hand provides the network on which the EDI data is sent back and forth between customers and their respective trading partners.
- • Completed the first phase of the migration of all trading partners onto our cloud based TCG solution within the first two months.
- • A detailed manual was provided on how to use the TCG solution as well as 24/7 support was provided to answer any questions they might have.
- • Tangentia was able to successfully integrate into their ERP system thus eliminating double entry and significantly reducing the no. of errors.
- • More than 30% reduction in the total cost of ownership. (TCO)
- • Up to 50% reduction in the monthly EDI bills from the first year itself.
- • TCG’s guarantee of 99.99% reliable server uptime led to a 25% increase in efficiency.
- • 100% reduction in hardware and software investment as the TCG solution is accessible from the Cloud.
- • 100% reduction for their legacy EDI platform maintenance and support consulting costs since they no longer had in house EDI.
- • Management in the supply chain and ecommerce areas has increased their productivity by 5-10% with the removal of handling and managing related support & maintenance resources.
- • Tangentia Commerce Gateway (TCG)
- • IBM Sterling Information Broker (Sterling VAN)
- • Tangentia Commerce Gateway Integration Agent ver2.0 for JD Edwards ERP
- • Tangentia Consultants working within Canada from 2 locations - Toronto and Markham.
- • Working alongside IBM sales and project management teams who were themselves remotely located in multiple locations in Canada.
- • Total Tangentia team size of 3 consultants delivered the setup and migration portion of the EDI project on time and on budget.
- • Tangentia Commerce Gateway Managed Services team continues to manage the EDI for the customer without a single in house EDI resource needed at the customer.